Thread: ISpeech Translator not working on Blackberry Playbook

ISpeech Translator not working on Blackberry Playbook

This app is not working. I have re-installed it and it still is not functioning. Speech to text works, but the translated text never appears.

I'm having the same problem - on two different Blackberry Playbooks, so I'm making a conclusion that it is not the tablet - it did work last year, then suddenly stopped. Help would be appreciated!

The version available in appword is an android port. What happened to the original native version?

I had to wipe my playbook and the native version is no where to be found, it WAS there before right?

Administrator
    Hello

Some users have reported issues with the version of iSpeech Translator that was previously available on the BlackBerry Playbook. In an effort to give the users the best application available, we have ported the Android version of iSpeech Translator to the Playbook.

-Lou

The port is not working as fluidly. I hope you reconsider and release an updated native version.

Administrator
    Hello

Thank you for your feedback, and I will be sure to pass it along to the development team.

-Lou

ispeech still not working

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hello

Thank you for your feedback, and I will be sure to pass it along to the development team.

-Lou
    I now have the latest version of ispeech (1.1.70) on my playbook, running the latest os for the playbook, and here is what happens when I run the app:

The app comes up either as ispeech obama or ispeech bush with text translation only, and oriented longwise on the tablet - changing tablet position does nothing to the screen orientation. Text translation and spoken translation work fine, but I cannot get to any window where I can speak to translate.

I tried to register, thinking that might have something to do with the problem, and the registration screen locks up after entering email address - cursor is in zip code screen but keyboard entry does not appear, and there is no way to get out of this without deleting and reinstalling the app.

Any ideas what is happening? - hillsh