Browsing all articles in Press
Big news, blog readers...iSpeech has officially released a publishing platform and API that allows publishers and developers to instantly convert any content into audio form.
Two major companies are fans already.
Pearson is using the PDF option to create audio books. Our tool enables them to convert PDF books into audio files, at a fraction of the cost of professional voice talent. Score!
Evernote is using the API offered to enhance their Clearly product. Now, their customers can actually have the web read to them, while having all of the distracting stuff filtered out. Hallelujah!
It is our vision that with these cool options we're offering, you really can read with your ears.
Pearson likes it, Evernote likes it, you will too..
Check it out: http://www.ispeech.org/publishers/
Text to Speech Demo
iSpeech launched a platform for book publishers to create audio books using text-to-speech.
Read the full article on GigaOm
Powered by iSpeech
We pitched our latest app Talkz at the TC Disrupt Pitchoff and Won Audience Choice.
Read more on TechCrunch
iSpeech COO, Yaron Oren, Speaks at AutoTech Council Event
Powered by iSpeech
DriveSafe.ly, the app that reads your text messages aloud as you drive, has been featured on page 85 of the February 2013 issue of Outside Magazine.
Handwriting-to-speech app helps those with severe language difficulties.
ISpeak4U has announced the availability of HandySpeech, the only handwriting-to-speech application for the iPad.
The assistive technology application supplements or replaces speech for people with spoken language difficulties, such as autism, stuttering, stroke, muscular dystrophy, post-operative voice difficulties, and others. Users write what they want to say in any one of thirteen languages, and the software converts the handwriting into speech.
HandySpeech was created by 12-year-old Eric Zeiberg, who was inspired by his sister, Julie, who has speech disabilities as a result of autism.
HandySpeech's features include:
- Handwriting recognition technology by PhatWare
- Text-to-speech powered by iSpeech
- Adaptive technology application
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) application
- Context analyzer
- Multilingual support with 13 major languages in a male or female voice
- Adaptive learning of the user writing patterns
- Cursive, print, and mixed handwriting style recognition
- Use of simple finger gestures to insert special characters such as space and return
- Alternative keyboard input
Read More: OT's with Apps, App Annie
Congrats to iSpeech customer Evernote on the launch of Clearly with text to speech capabilities.
Read more: TheNextWeb, Engadget
- Caller ID Reader
- Partner Spotlight
- Speech Recognition
- Text to Speech
- DriveSafe.ly featured on the Today Show
- Listen up!
- iSpeech Launched Publisher Platform – Announcing Evernote and Pearson as Partners
- Speech Technology Tapas
- Talkz wins audience choice award at TC Disrupt Pitchoff
- Teri on iOS SDK 1.0 RC Released
- Candice Thomas on DriveSafe.ly featured as a safe driving app in Outside Magazine
- Tom on iOS SDK 1.0 RC Released
- I've said that least 2293545 times on DriveSafe.ly enabled in Cobra products
- My Homepage on Select and Speak Chrome Extension launched; Reads selected text on demand.
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- September 2009